Community Calendar Event
The primary purpose of the Community Calendar is to share community-wide meetings and events occurring throughout the City. Community events must support a government, non-profit, community-oriented, or educational interest. Events that promote a specific religious or political agenda are not accepted.
Members of the public may submit event information for inclusion on the Community Calendar if (1) that event is open to the general public, (2) occurs within the boundaries of the city (limited special exceptions made for elsewhere in Orange County) and (3) meets one of the following criteria:
- Organized or funded by another government agency;
- Organized by a government-funded agency or board;
- Organized by a City-affiliated group;
- An organization identified as eligible for city funding or community grants;
- Funded in full, or in part, by the City;
- Sponsored by the City;
- Organized by a charitable organization with a registered charitable number and operating within the city;
- Organized by a service club operating within the city;
- Located in a facility owned or leased by the City; or
- Is a community event that is not-for-profit and open to all members of the public (all-ages).
Requirements and Restrictions
The more information provided by the submitting organization, the easier it is for the City to determine whether to post an event. Submitting organizations are encouraged to fill out the online form completely with all pertinent information regarding the event. This includes information such as:
- Event title
- Event details
- Location (street address)
- Fee, if any, including how and when it needs to be paid
- Public contact for more information/to RSVP
- Contact name, email, and phone number
- Event and/or sponsor website URL
Notices and announcements shall be limited to:
- The name of the group, organization, or person sponsoring the event.
- A concise description of the event.
- Date of the event.
- Any applicable fees.
Events submitted for posting containing any of the following shall not be approved for posting:
- Profane language or content.
- Events that promote a specific religious or political activity or belief.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
Procedures to Request a Non-City Event on City Website Calendar
Entities and organizations wishing to publish a community event must seek prior approval from the Public Information Division via Ask Lake Forest. Anonymous requests shall not be allowed. All requests shall be accompanied by valid event submitter contact information including a name, email address, and phone number. The City must receive a request ten calendar days prior to the event date. The City reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to 1) deny an event request that does not meet the criteria set forth in this Policy; 2) deny an event request which fails to provide all required information, or fails to provide truthful information; or 3) revise this Policy without prior notice when to do so is deemed to be in the best interests of the City.